What’s available for veterans dealing with a housing emergency?

Lauren Helkowski
Lauren Helkowski
  • Updated

If you’re experiencing or will experience homelessness, contact the Homeless Veteran Chat service, call (1-877-424-3838), or quickly locate a VA Medical Center.

Services provided by the Salvation ArmyOperation Home Front, and Catholic Charities help with emergency and transitional housing, meals, and grooming.

The HUD-VASH Vouchers program helps homeless Veterans and their families find and sustain permanent housing. Call the National Homeless Veteran Call Center at 877-424-3838 for more information.

The Homeless Providers Grant and Per Diem (GPD) Program is offered annually be the Department of Veteran's Affairs to fund community agencies, providing services to Veterans experiencing homelessness.

For very low-income Veterans, Supportive Services for Veteran Families provides supportive services to prevent the imminent loss of a Veteran's home or identify a new, more sustainable housing situation.


Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.